Innovative Hangover Treatment Approach Filter Your Drink From Fusel Alcohol Inside
Dietary supplement: clinically tested and proven to effectively and proactively alleviate the severity of hangover symptoms.
Fusel alcohols (propyl, isobutyl, amyl alcohols etc) are found in most alcoholic drinks as byproducts of alcohol production during fermentation and ageing process. They are toxic, and considered to be play a major role on hangover severity. The ability of lignin to adsorb fusel alcohols was tested in Vitro
Toxicity of Fusel alcohols relative to ethanol (pure alcohol)
- Propyl alcohol: 4 times more toxic than ethanol
- Isobutyl alcohol: 8 times more toxic than ethanol
- Amyl alcohol in its purest form is a poison
Sorption activity of lignin on fusel alcohols
Fusel Alcohol in alcoholic beverage (mg/litre)
- Hangover is characterized by a number of unpleasant symptoms that occur after alcohol intake. Symptoms may include fatigue, headache, muscle aches, thirst, dizziness, anxiety, tiredness, sweating etc.
- Multiple contributing factors are responsible for the development of hangover symptoms which include ethanol itself, its metabolites as well as fusel alcohols (oils) and other congeners. The darker the spirit the higher the amount of fusel oils, and usually more severe the hangover.
- Alcohol (ethanol) may cause dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, gastrointestinal disturbances, low blood sugar, Central Nervous System depression (CNS), and CNS overexcitation when BAC falls back to zero.
- Ethanol metabolites include acetaldehyde that can cause rapid pulse, sweating, skin flushing, nausea, and vomiting, suggesting that it contributes to hangover.
About The Product
Alcofiltrum - is dietary supplement clinically tested and proven to effectively and proactively alleviate the severity of hangover symptoms.
Mixed Plant Cell Wall Fibers comprised of:
- Lignin Hydrolyzed: A porous fiber with adsorbing properties for a variety of toxins.
- Hemicellulose blend: Potent antioxidants (examples of hemicelluloses: Arabinoxylans, Glucomannan).
- Celluloses: Dietary fibers known for the beneficial effect on stool consistency.
- Standardized Dihydromyricetin extract (98%) from hovenia dulcis fruit, is a natural bioactive flavonoid with strong antioxidant properties and
multiple health benefits.
- A neurotransmitter essential for nervous system function.
- Contributes to the normal function of the nervous system and to the normal energy yielding metabolism.
Each ALCOFILTRUM® tablet contains 800 mg of Mixed Plant Cell Wall Fibers, 150 mg Glycine , 30mg Dihydromyricetin , and 30 mg Vitamin B1.
A Unique product of rigorous research with no analogues in the market
Selected Natural Ingredients
Carefully selected ingridients with complimentary functions
Product effectiveness and safety proven through an an extensive set of studies
Convenient Dosage Form
Easy to swallow tablets in conveniently packed blister
How It Works
Alcofiltrum contains four (4) main natural components: Lignin hydrolyzed, Glycine, Dihydromyricetin
and Thiamine (Vitamin B1), each carefully selected with complimentary functions.
An insoluble dietary fiber (source - coniferous wood) with high sorption capacity for a variety of toxins, including ethanol, and fusel alcohols/congeners found in alcoholic beverages. Like ethanol, congeners can also contribute to the development of hangover symptoms.
A neurotransmitter that can neutralize the decomposition products of alcohol in the body, helps in improving performance, concentration.
A plant original dihydroflavonoid that counteracts acute ethanol intoxication by antagonizing ethanol’s potentiating effect on neuron cells."
Thiamine contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism which is impaired during hangover, contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system which is in a hyperactive state during hangover
Studies And Outcomes
60 healthy volunteers (male) between ages 25-45 years old, Crossover design
- Subjects were grouped to receive an alcoholic beverage containing 40% alcohol, and Alcofiltrum administered in one of the two groups before alcohol intake
- Test group received 4 tablets of the dietary supplement ALCOFILTRUM® 30 minutes before consuming alcohol vs Control group
- Both groups consumed alcoholic drinks containing 40% alcohol, at a volume calculated for each volunteer (1.7g/kg body weight). On
average each volunteer consumed 360ml within 2 hours
- Twelve to thirteen hours after the last alcohol intake volunteers were evaluated based on a specially designed questionnaire that recorded hangover symptom severity on a 5-point scale system and other specific tests.
Hangover Symptom Severity Improvement
The group that received ALCOFILTRUM® demonstrated an overall 40% improved scores compared to the control group.
Alcofiltrum more pronouncedly alleviated headache (by 2.8 times), weakness (by 3.4 times), sleep disturbance (by 2.1 times) and concentration of attention (by 3.2 times) 12-13 hours after alcohol consumption.